Home Loans That Honor Your Military Service
Southern Trust Mortgage is proud to deliver affordable VA mortgage financing to eligible veterans and active duty servicemen and women of the United States' military. A VA loan is insured by the Department of Veterans Affairs, meaning the VA will guarantee part of the loan, enabling the lender to offer significantly better-than-average terms as a reward for the service veterans have provided to America.
Key Features of VA Loans
No Down Payment Required
With a VA loan, you can use the extra money saved from no down payment for things like packing, moving, and getting settled in to your new home. Not having to make a down payment can provide some peace of mind during the home buying process.
No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) Premiums Required
You can potentially save money from not having to pay for PMI premiums since VA loans do not require you to cover this cost.
VA Loans are Easier to Qualify for than a Traditional Loan
Though a VA loan has many of the same perks as a traditional loan, it may be easier to qualify for. If you qualify, a VA loan is an easier way to close and save money.
Benefits of a VA Loan
- No down payment.
- No private mortgage insurance (PMI) premium requirement.
- One-time VA Funding Fee typically required that can be financed into the loan amount. This fee ranges from 0.5% to 3.30%, depending on your service type, prior use of VA eligibility, and type of loan transaction.
- VA rules limit the amount the borrower can be charged for closing costs.
- Closing costs may be paid by the seller.
- Many VA loans are assumable. Meaning that if you sell your home, the new purchaser may be able to assume or take over your mortgage rather than applying for a new mortgage.
- VA may be able to provide you some assistance if you run into difficulty making payments.
- It’s easier to qualify for a VA loan over conventional loans.
- For refinancing, there’s a simple and easy Streamline VA option available which has no prepayment penalties and minimal underwriting requirements.
Who is Eligible For A VA Loan?
- Servicepersons on active duty
- Members of the National Guard
- Cadets at the U.S. Military, Air Force or Coast Guard Academy
- Midshipmen at the U.S. Naval Academy
- Officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Those who have served on active duty and been honorably discharged
- Those who have served 90 days during wartime or 181 continuous days during peacetime
- Veterans enlisted after September 7, 1980 or who began service after October 16, 1981, have a two-year requirement
- National Guards and reservists have a six-year requirement within certain criteria
- Surviving spouses of veterans who died while on active duty or from a service-related disability may also be eligible
Why trust Southern Trust with your home financing?
Founded in 1998, Southern Trust Mortgage is a full-service mortgage lender. We offer diverse mortgage products designed to meet any home financing need. Our continued success is a result of the outstanding customer service we offer our clients and business partners. All of our loans are expedited through local processing, underwriting, and closing agents. Our industry-leading service truly sets Southern Trust Mortgage apart.